Skill gapsInternational Non-Profit Organization
Skill gaps in organizations versus large number of unemployed graduates
- Sampling of Small and Medium-scale Enterprises and unemployed graduates to understand root causes of disconnect and proffer effective solutions.
- Analysis of questionnaires revealed a lack of understanding of the world of work and a general dearth of workplace skills.
- Designed and applied a curriculum to a select community of locally bred graduates, which included a rigorous selection process, pre-class assignments, class work and on-the-job experience with partnering organizations for a minimum period.
- 25% of the youths were retained as full term employees at the participating organization of their primary assignment.
- 20% gained employment elsewhere within 6 weeks of concluding program.
- 35% developed / repackaged products and services and began their own small and medium scale organizations